Tuesday 8 July 2008

Ovvy the Egg Nanny



Ever wonder what happens to the eggs when a bird wants a break from laying it? Well that's where Ovvy comes in. Just the other day, we walked into our chicken coop and found this little creature handing an egg back to one of our broody chicken. We wondered what was going on and started to question it.


"I'm Ovvy and I'm the Egg Nanny. If you got a fertilized egg that you need taking care of for a short while then you can give it to me and I'll take it for a walk for a couple of hours, I'll even give it a polish if you want!"


And with that she took another egg popped it in her mouth, rolled it around and spat out a brightly polished egg and gave it back to the chicken.


"Now excuse me" she said. "I've got a blue tit clutch to attend to."


No comments: